Steps in obtaining coverage for your new employees:
1. Choose the plan best suited for their needs (Individual, Single Parent, Family) and the maximum amount of coverage. Coverage must be purchased within 30 days of arrival but is best to set up before arrival into Canada.
2. Rates of coverage are typically for 180 days while awaiting registration with British Columbia's Medical Services Plan (MSP).
3. Have the new employee fill out the Visitors to Canada Plan Application Form under Pacific Blue Cross as soon as they are hired.
4. Have the new employee fill out the MSP Application for Enrolment as soon as they are hired. Please note that the new employee will also need to provide identification as indicated on the enrolment form. Mail the MSP form directly to: Health Insurance BC, Medical Services Plan, PO Box 9678 Stn Prov Govt, Victoria, BC V8W 9P7. BC's MSP will process the application for provincial health coverage. Contact MSP for status of application (1 800 663 7100).
5. Send all other documents, along with a cheque (payable to BCCA Employee Benefit Trust) for the coverage amount, to our office: BCCA Employee Benefits, 4401 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC V5C 6G9.
6. We will send you the employees' travel policy booklet with a certificate number. Coverage will begin the first day they arrive in Canada. (Coverage purchased after arrival will begin 72 hours after payment is received.)
7. You may choose to enroll your new employee into your regular benefit program, once they have received MSP coverage. If you do not currently have a benefit program for your employees, we would be happy to talk to you about setting one up-please contact our office at 604-683-7353 or 1-800-665-1077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.